15 Week Pregnancy
- Your Regular Clothes are Still Fit?
You are now in 15 week pregnancy, when you start to realize that your regular clothes may begin to feel tighter. If that is the case, please do not try to force it. Instead, you can start wearing elastic top pants such as stretch pants or sweats before you start buying your own maternity clothes. Or, just unzip your pants!
During pregnancy at 15 weeks, you might have urinary tract infection (UTI) which is caused by bacterial infection that affects any part of the urinary system. If you have symptoms such as feeling pain when urinating, a frequent urination though little comes out, blood in the urine or cloudy urine, you may need to consult your doctor.
You can avoid this infection by drinking at least 8-ounce glasses of water everyday, peeing as soon as you feel the urge and wiping yourself from front to back.
Pregnancy 15 weeks also a good time to schedule for amniocentesis (a test that indicates your fetal abnormalities) if you plan to have it because it is normally done between pregnancy week 16 and 18 weeks pregnant.
Any other changes happening to you during this 15 week pregnancy? What about your fetal development? Here are the answers:
- By pregnancy week 15, you have gained probably around 5 to 10 lbs (2.3 to 4.5 kg) of weight.
- Your uterus is continuously growing and expanding above your hipbones.
- Your heart is big enough to pump the extra blood (up to 30% more) around your body and placenta during this 15 week pregnancy. It is important to keep your baby is properly nourished.
- It is now the placenta's job to produce hormone in order to sustain the pregnancy, which was the job of your ovaries up to this point.
- Due to high hormone levels, you may have dark pigmentation on the face or called "the mask of pregnancy". It can be easily covered with make up and will disappear after the pregnancy.
- You may also start to feel stuffy nose due to swelling in the mucous membranes of the nose - the result of high hormone levels too.
- Nose bloods may also occur as a result of increased blood volume and blood vessel expansion in the nose
- In this pregnancy 15 weeks, your baby's weight is around 1.5 to 2.5 oz (43 to 70 g) and measures about 3.5 to 4.5 in (9 to 11 cm) long.
- Your baby's skin is still paper thin and you can see the blood vessel clearly underneath in you do the 3d ultrasound.
- His or her scalp patern is developing while the hair has started to grow and the eyebrows have formed.
- Your baby's eyelids are still fused shut until the 3rd trimester pregnancy, but he or she can already senses the light.
- By pregnancy at 15 weeks, the taste buds have formed and he or she can feel any strong essences coming from your diet through amniotic fluid surroundung him.
- The external genitalia starts to develop during this week, however it maybe too early if you want to identify his or her gender.
- The primitive air sacs in his or her lungs begin to develop as a result of breathing the amniotic fluid in and out of his or her lungs continuously.
- Your baby's bones are getting harder and stronger, the legs are growing longer than the arms and he or she can move all the joints and limbs during this pregnancy 15 weeks.
Return to the top of 15 Week Pregnancy
Return to 2nd Trimester of Pregnancy Page
Go back to Your Pregnancy Week by Week Home Page