Pregnancy 29 Weeks
- It's Time to Pamper Yourself
You may now starts to countdown for labor and birth in this pregnancy 29 weeks. Yes, it is more or less 11 weeks to go to meet your little one. So, enjoy your last few weeks of pregnancy as much as you can. I bet you, you will be going to miss this moment!
Pamper yourself while you can. Consider to have some prenatal massage, facial or pedicure. You may want to be looked sexy even you are pregnant, right?
Now, take some quality time with your partner. Go out for romantic date and seduce him with you sexy body! :p Believe me! You don't want to miss this opportunity before your little one makes appearance.
Ops! Don't forget about your baby. It is also the good time to start preparing your nursery and your home for the arrival of your newborn baby.
By pregnancy week 29, you may start noticing patterns and activity of your baby. During this time, you need to monitor your baby's movements using fetal kick counts or simply called kick chart. If you feel any abnormality happen to your baby's movement, you may need to refer to your doctor or midwife.
"What else happening to me during week 29 pregnancy? What about my baby?" Check this out:
- Within pregnancy 29 weeks, your uterus is around 3 to 4 inches (8 to 10 cm) above your navel.
- You have gained as much as 26 pounds (12 kg) by now.
- Heartburn may continuously occur as your belly grows more and more substantial week after week, especially starting this pregnancy 29 weeks.
- You may have edema or swelling particularly in the legs and feet, which make you feel uncomfortable. If it occurs, drink plenty of water, engage in light exercise such as walking and keep your legs and feet elevated whenever possible, especially during sleep.
- By pregnancy week 29, your colostrum, a yellowish color milk, may start to leak from your breasts.
- You may feel discomforts of late pregnancy especially in your back, your legs and short breath. As usual, rest while you can, have a good prosture, get proper pregnancy nutrition and pregnancy exercise to tackle this.
- Your baby's weight is around 2.5 pounds (1.2 kg) and length more than 15 inches (38 cm) in this pregnancy week 29.
- Your baby now begins to regulate his or her own temperature.
- His or her bone marrow is completely in charge of production of red blood cells.
- By week 29 pregnancy, your baby urinates around half liter of urine into amniotic fluid everyday!
- Your baby's brain is now continuing to mature. It forms billions of neurons every day!
- About 250 mg of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day. Please be sure that to drink milk or eat any good source of calcium such as cheese, yogurt or enriched orange juice.
- By now, your baby's movement is limited to movement of elbows and knees only, due to cramped space in utero.
Return to the top of Pregnancy 29 Weeks
Return to 3rd Trimester Pregnancy Page
Go back to Your Pregnancy Week by Week Home Page